Friday, January 30, 2009

Wedding Dress Update (based on your feedback)

Hey,
Great comments so far. I wanted to give more details on the ones that everyone like and even found more pictures. (If you click on these pics they get much bigger)

#32 has been the run away favorite so far. The dress is by Jim Hjelm

(Ivory Silk Organza trumpet gown, sleeveless Alencon lace empire bodice accented with Ivory satin ribbon, V-neckline, 2 tiered lace accented skirt, low open V-back, chapel train)

I still like the dress a lot, but after seeing the back I am worried that we may have some foundation garment challenges.

Price $3,000-#5,000 (yikes)



#3 is Anne Barge her La Fleur collection, but of course I can't find the dress on her site anymore

Price $3,000-$5,000(yikes, but I'm sure I can find a knockoff for cheaper)

#28 is Demetrios from the Ultra Sophisticates collection

(
Sleeveless beaded V-neck tulle with empire bodice. Attached train.) There was only one additional picture of the dress

Price not given



#15 is Mori Lee by Madeline Gardner

(Delicate chiffon with lace.
Lace appliqués decorate the sheer halter bodice and meets the center-shirred midriff. Corset tie-back on the A-line skirt with chapel length train. Available in 3 Lengths: 55", 58", 61" Colors Available: White/Silver, Ivory/Silver) Here is a picture of the front and a picture of the back.

Price $600 or less




#17 is from Eden Bridals

(Matte Luxury Crepe gown features a bodice of Lace and Beading. Open Lace and Beading embellish the empire waist and side slits on the front and back of the A-Line skirt. The back is open leading to a Chapel length Train.)

I found a picture of the detail and the back.

Price $600 or less

4 comments:

  1. Wow the price for number 15 is amazing!! After seeing them both up close, I think #32 is my fav.... but wow - how gorgeous are all of these? I need to come with you to try some of these puppies on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you decide on a wedding dress yet?! Wow, all the choices are beautiful. Have you tried any of them on or seen them in a store? A wedding dress is definitely something you can't really decide on until you try it on. I thought I wanted a sheath but when I went to a bridal store I fell in love with the first dress I tried on (mermaid style and all lacey). It was the perfect dress. You just never know until you try it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried anything on yet. I'm actually waiting until Kate moves back to the bay area (April or so). I want to arrange a ladies outing and 3 out of 4 bridesmaids is pretty good. Of course coordinating everyone's schedules ought to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all absolutely beautiful; but I agree, you won't really know until you try a few on. Have you given any thought to the veil? The traditional pillbox or a big floppy hat? That might alter what you would consider for the dress also.

    ReplyDelete