Monday, March 2, 2009

A Weekend of Backsliding

Hi, 
This is going to be one of those embarrassing soul-baring posts. Fair warning given:



I've been trying to faithfully stick to a combination Wii fit and OnDemand Excercise TV plan. I've also been trying to stick with the Body for Life eating plan, but can never quite get to that meal 6.  Yeah I cancelled my Crunch membership after getting laid off, but figured there is no time like the present to get in wedding shape. According to the Wii fit, I am overweight bordering on obese with a BMI of 29.04. That's almost 30% fat, yuck! I think the Wii is being a tad harsh, but still...

I was recently reading a blog that said to really lose weight you have to tell your friends and family (all of them) that you are trying. So, that's the plan for this post. Now feel free to ask me how it's going and remind me that the pictures from my wedding will last a lifetime. Haha, that ought to do it. Oh and if you have diet or excercise related thoughts, I would love to hear them. 

5 comments:

  1. omg you are NOT overweight and MOST DEFINITELY not obese!!! Seriously!! That Wii had better behave or I'll punch him. Glad to hear that you're on a health kick though, good fo youd!! I'm trying to start one myself... let's encourage eachother. That means you have to put your foot down and deny me of my late night donuts when I see you on Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BMI is considered outdated now, especially since it doesn't take into account what body type you have (small boned, big boned, etc.). Don't worry about that. Work on eating healthy and exercise. You are beautiful no matter what size you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm going to stay positive and give it my best shot, besides there's always full body spanx. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not wanting to have to wear Goodyear Blimp cover to your wedding, I too have begun worrying about getting into shape. Recently read article in Prevention for super simple 12 min rev up for metabolism. I use the airdyne bike but you could do it with anything (even walking/jogging). Warm up at moderate pace for 2 min. After that go as hard as you can for 20 seconds, go slow for 40 and repeat 8 times. That brings you to minute 11 where you just cool down. Really gets the heart going and supposedly does wonders for your metabolism. If you try it, let me know what you think.

    P.S. Remember that Oma was lecturing me (after seeing your picture on line) about how she's worried you're not getting enough to eat. She says your face is too thin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think "beautiful no matter what size you are" is a nice sentiment, but not true in American Society. Anorexic is not beautiful, neither are triple chins. I do agree that being healthy is more important than an ideal size.

    ReplyDelete