Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Groomsmen Ready to Rock

Hi hi,
So despite the Halloween weekend we got tons of stuff done, not the least of which is me getting bangs for the first time since I was 10 ( a look I am seriously considering for the wedding)

First up-Apparel

The boys are off to a strong lead in the being all set and ready dept. Steve went with classic black double breasted suits, Navy vests and Navy ties (regular straight tie) on an ivory shirt, black shoes, and silver smoke cuff links. The only difference for the Dads is that the vest and tie will be black. We got the group number (which we'll be sending out closer to the fitting deadline in August).

For the ladies, I sent all of the bridesmaids a list of stores closest to them that carry the line that makes the wrap dress. However, I've already heard that none of the ones in Ohio actually carry the dress, so uh that sucks! I'll tell you what if I had known how hard it was going to be to plan a wedding in Ohio, I would of put up way more of a fight.

Second- Menu
Wow, our chef just plain rocks- I gave him a little feedback on the last menu: not sure I'm into the sweet elements of the salad, am interested in breads, and had a different vision for the dessert. I think I'm going to stop talking about the progress of the food before the wedding, so that there will be at least a little surprise left.

Third- Photographers
Emailed the 4 of the top 6 with last questions and whatnot, realized the other 2 of them never replied after the first email. Boo LCD and Memory Productions- too busy, too much business?

They would be out except Steve really liked LCD and Memory came highly recommended by our excellent florist. So, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and call them, once.

Fourth- Save the dates
I ordered pretty silver address labels (it was really hard to decide who's name to put first)
Steve addressed more envelopes, but curiously has like 12 leaves left to do.

Save the Dates are hard because I'm actually having to think about how to address people. Steve's family is much more traditional, so he's just whipping through those. Little harder with my family and friends, but we'll get there. Also, I'm thinking we won't put '& Guest' on anything and we'll just see what happens.

Also, I finally got all of the addresses with one notable exception. Would Mr. Mark Biggins (groomsman) please text Steve back with your new address? Jeez

Finally- Website
I got the FAQs together (yeah there are some and will probably be more) and scanned in all of Steve's pictures, but was otherwise a complete dud with the copydeck and asset gathering. Boo, hiss, lazy bride!

**side note: we also got presents for all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen this weekend and I think they are awesome! I should have bought one for myself (Steve did), but I am hoping everyone loves their present.

1 comment:

  1. You are SOOO productive!! Good for you!! And WOW bangs?? Pics please!!!! I bet you look fab!!! xoxoxoxo Love you!

    ReplyDelete