Friday, October 30, 2009

News!

Hello,Wow! What a week!

1. The navy blue envelopes came and Steve started addressing them
2. Michael Latarski the amazing Chef at Rosemont got back to us with his menu ideas. (That's right I am going to share them here first)-No promises about what we'll end up with but here's what he said

Hi Miranda,

I hope all of your planning is going good and i wanted to run some ideas by you, after working the entire summer and seeing what all the other weddings were doing I wanted to do something different for you. I know we had talked about a family style dinner, are you still interested in this due to your liking of making your wedding not feel like a wedding and more like a family gathering.

Ive decided on going with a artisan cheese board with all mild, and sharp cheeses with fresh fruit, No stinky cheese just as your had mentioned.

My placed Salad would be a mixed green salad with dried cherries, apricots, candied walnuts and white French dressing.

A light appetizer would be a salmon pinwheel, which consists of smoked salmon boursin cheese cucumber and chive. I understand that there are a couple of people that do not care for seafood. for them or for the entire wedding I was thinking a Artichoke heart stuffed with toasted marscapone cheese on a toast point. It is very light and very easy to eat and going with a fall theme since you are getting married in October.

My main dishes were a little bit harder to come up with due to the diverse liking of your guests. Just some ideas that I came up with

Stuffed Chicken Sundried Tomato, Spinach, Mozzarella Cheese, With Balsamic Reduction or Basil Cream
I know that you had said no meat but that your husband was a big red meat eater, if we wanted to add a red meat dish i would recommend a roasted herb spiced ball tip( very tender sirloin) with a hearty demi glace( Fancy word for Gravy)
Pasta Primavera (squash, zucchini, roasted peppers, Red Sauce or White Sauce or light pesto cream)
Starch Wild Mushroom Risotto, or Vegetable
Veggies- Marinated Grilled Portabella Mushroom Salad, Roasted Red Peppers Buffalo Mozzarella
Italian Green Beans with Crushed Garlic and vine ripened tomatoes.

Love him! We are still a year away and he's done such a nice job with his very first round of suggestions. Honestly, we'll do so tweaking, but great job. We also found out that their event coordinator Jodi is leaving at the beginning of 2010. Hopefully, whoever takes her place will be just as good.

I realize I mis-typed in my last post about photographers, we actually still have a top 6. We have got to get this narrowed down soon. If you have any comments about these guys let me know.


We also still have to pick a DJ, which is seriously turning into the nightmare of this wedding. Steve is ready to just go with one that we have, but I think if we are going to pay someone to play music they need to guarantee they will play the right music. So we are still talking about it.

In Dress news: I think I found the bridesmaids dresses.
It is a cocktail length wrap dress that can be worn about a million different ways. See the video on different styles here. All of the sizes come in a range because it's a wrap and can be tightened and loosened a bit, so nothing needs to be fitted or tailored. It comes in a gorgeous deep midnight blued (unlike the "marine" David's Bridal was trying to pass off as midnight blue). It is made of a matte jersey material so new icky shiny photos and it's hand washable. Oh and it's only $150, so affordable for even the most cash strapped bridesmaid. I'm really excited about it, but almost think it's too good to be true. There are a couple of stores that carry the dress in our area, so hopefully we'll have another girls outing soon.

As for my dress, I'm finally getting organized. Just going to a large bridal store didn't work, so I am readying the spreadsheet. So far I have a list of about 40 stores in our area and I am initially cross-referencing them with styles they carry (b/c it's easy to do). That way I can narrow it to a smaller population of stores that carry the most styles I like. I'm also adding in specific style numbers from designer websites that I want to try on. The style numbers are the next level of the cross, but will require actually calling stores and if I'm doing that I might as well be booking appointments.

The website is coming along (I know everyone is dying to see it, *snicker, snicker*). I'm really struggling with first person vs. 3rd and striking a balanced tone. There's such a difference between talking to your college buddies and your grandma...harder than it sounds. It's also tough b/c there is a lot I want to cram in there, but don't have enough images at this point to break it up. I'm becoming my own worst client. I did finally get Steve to cough up some pictures for the movie (what movie? you ask- yes, yet another project I started). It will be terrific!

So, progress is slowly but surely being made. 11 months and 11 days to go. I feel a little un-organized and unprepared, but I suppose events are always like that.

This weekend's to do list (in case you are keeping score)

1. Scan in Steve's pictures
2. Send congrats on being in the top 5 emails to the top 5 photographers (I know there are 6, someone is leaving)
3. Finish the website copydeck
4. Order return address labels
5. Email Michael menu comments
6. Spend at least 1 hour working on the dress spreadsheet
7. Make an appointment for the bridesmaids to try on dresses

Whew! Will update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment